Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend Updates : In short Very Productive

My estimate was right on the money. I suck at Verbal, Compared to my Math. Not a surprise for a Foreigner, who did all his schooling in Malayalam. In short I am very much at 90% in Math. With a push I can get it to 99%. But I am still at a 75% as far as verbal is concerned. The theory got a confirmation after I took my Kaplan, Practice quiz (It is a not timed, 38 Qn Exam with Math (PD,DS), Verbal (CR, SC, RC)). Approximately 7 Questions per section. A huge surprise was that I got all but one of SC correct. CR & RC I was wrong Twice. Well it is true that I got a few wrong on the DS. I am not very worried about that.

Some Common abbreviations that bowled me first few weeks :-

DS - Data Sufficiency
PS - Problem Solving
CR - Critical Reasoning
RC - Reading Comprehension
SC - Sentence Correction
OG - Official Guide GMAT
PR - Princeton Review
800 - Kaplan 800


Today morning I got up to read. A friend emailed a beautiful interview with Sachin Tendulkar. That got the better of my time. All I did was, I did some serious planning with all the materials I got. Now since I know what is there in each of these books I should chart out the study plan. I will publish my plan in one of the future posts. The Outline is to dedicate first 4 Weeks for Verbal. Each Week I will be attacking one Principal section.

Week 1 : CR
  • Start With PR, Write Good Notes

  • Move On to Kaplan, Refine add to the Notes

  • Move On to Manhattan, Refine add to the Notes

  • Do 40 Qns, Timed Each Day starting from (Day 4) Taking either From Kaplan or OG

  • Depending on the performance on 40 Question attacks Move on to CR on Kap-800

  • Take a 120 Qn Mix on the Corresponding Weekend as a Finale


  • I am not going to start taking any Full tests till 4th Week of my study. This will be the general approach

    1 comment:

    My Daily Struggles said...

    Good luck with Columbia.