Wednesday, December 14, 2005

OG - Critical Reasoning Practice Set 2

Was in the mood for some Critical evaluation. So I sat with OG to complete CR Questions 41 to 80. It was not strictly timed. After 23 Questions I went and watched the show Apprentice on NBC. Finished the remaining 17 after the show. Over all I felt the Questions were a little harder than the first set. May be it is the fatigue from a working day. Final tally was, 36/40 Correct. That will take my CR scoring rate to 90%. Very relieved to know that my skill is improving. Tomorrow morning I will take the last set of 40. Hope to get everything correct on that :-).

While reviewing the wrong answers I realized my mistakes were none from carelessness. All four I got wrong were above my finer critical evaluation skills. For the inquisitive mind any out there, The Questions I got Wrong are,

48,61,74,77 All referring to The Official Guide for GMAT Review Critical Reasoning Section.

Today at the office I got a half an hour to spare. So I dived into some Quant questions. After all my plan is to ace the quant section. So need to keep my Quant skills fresh. Well, I was very disappointed with the results. I got 3 wrong in a 20 Question 30 minute set. That puts my Success rate at a dismal 85%. I really need a reassurance tomorrow to make sure that I am okay with Maths. I will take two more sets tomorrow on Quant.

No comments: