Friday, December 23, 2005

RC Train Back On Track

Yes !!.

As I promised myself, I woke up dot at 5:00. Started a pot of coffee. And did the first set of 36 Questions from OG. Initially I felt my speed was not up to the mark. For the first seven questions I took close to 19 mnts. Later I gathered momentum and finished 36 Questions in One Hour. I got 29 Correct. That is a percentage improvement of 4%.

90% of the errors were from the first 50% of the questions. I realized my answering grid need a little modification to the analysis of the answers more effectively. I need to add Two more columns, One With Topic : Subject (Business, Science, Social), And the Length of the passage. That way I will get a clear idea of which type of passages I have problem in comprehending. Over all I was satisfied with the Topic Paraphrasing technique I was using. I am able to remember most of the content of the para without going back to the text.

I will do the detailed analysis of the errors today evening. I will keep a tally of not only my wrong answers, but also the places where I got them wrong. From the initial scanning itself I can see a clear pattern emerging. This analysis, I believe will be to my advantage.

Also, I am keeping up my daily routine of doing 20 Quant questions everyday. Even though the questions are a lot simpler than what I am anticipating for GMAT, I feel this exercise will keep my Quant skills well oiled.

No comments: