Thursday, February 02, 2006

Official Guide Data Sufficiency Practice 1

Today morning, I started with my first 50 questions of Official Guide DS. I chose to do 1-50, since Kaplan practice results were not so comforting. The first 50 was very simple. If you think you are good at DS, you should never waste time practicing these 1st 50 questions. I got 49 out of 50 correct. One I got wrong was a stupid mistake. 2/5, I evaluated to be 0.2 :-(. The average time per question was 56 seconds. That seems to be well within the available time limits. Then again these were easy questions. Not requiring to read the stem again is the key point once again. Just like it is a key, time management pointer when attacking Critical Reasoning. Read through the stem and, reduce the facts to a simple mathematical equation you need answer for. That could be a working technique for taking on DS head on. Also fundamental principles of checking fact 1 and fact 2 totally independent of each other, and knowing the answer choices cold, are given things.

It is extremely busy at work. So no practice going on, on that side of the day. Mostly tomorrow morning I will take on OG 51-100 Set.

1 comment:

Vibhu said...

Your posts are real inspiring and sometimes opens the eye what to look at when we work.. keep posting

BTW u r tagged :)