Monday, February 13, 2006

Kaplan : Paper Test

Saturday late night the snow storm started. We did not know that those tiny, shining, drifting snow flakes were determined to topple a 1947 snow storm record. They were.

I woke up as usual at around 5:00 AM. There was a friend sleeping in the guest bedroom. So I did not have access to my PC. I decided to take the Kaplan paper test. This is a Kaplan-GMAT test at the end of the Kaplan book. I finished it comfortably by 8:30AM. Unlike the software counterpart, here you need to compute your score manually. The computation was fairly simple after the GMAT Quant. Every Correct answer fetches 1 point, Every wrong answer takes away 1/4 th. This score is called the 'Raw score'. Quant and Verbal need to be tabulated separately.

My Raw Scores were : Q:37, V:27, From the raw score you get the scaled scores by using a Kaplan table. And by adding the scaled scores and going back to another tackle you get your GMAT Score. Mine came out to 660.

Quant, I got 37/38 Correct. Verbal I got 30/41 Correct. Yes, my sucking in SC continues. Out of the 11 items I got wrong in Verbal 8 belonged to SC. I WILL GET IT RIGHT.

I am pretty satisfied with these results. I am very confident that SC will click for me some time soon. With the kind if steam running on other sections I should be in a good position in GMAT.

1 comment:

Vibhu said...

great going dude