Monday, March 13, 2006

Out of Context: But I just remembered...

My father taught me Basic maths. He is a great person. I am so proud of him. His life defies the assumption that Ordinary people live ordinary lives. Wait a second; what makes one ordinary any way? Is anybody ordinary?. No one can be ordinary with respect to one's life. Ordinary life must be one of the worst stereotypes created by Culture.

This funny incident used to happen quiet a lot between us. He will give some extremely tough question which needs a considerable time to solve. I will very confidently solve and give the right answer in less than half the required time. He will have no idea how some one could solve it that fast. Beaming with pride, he will then proceed to check my answer. 110% of the time, I must have used some very very very wrong way to solve it, yet get the correct answer. In my later years this has lead some of my favorite Math teachers to believe that, I was trying to fool them in Trigonometry, using the, ' A little consideration will show that : LHS = RHS 'trick. :-)

Funny thing is that, I really am hoping that I get that trait back for GMAT.

No comments: