Monday, January 08, 2007

Downtown or Underworld!

Friends who are following my humble journey will remember that I submitted the Stern application more than a month back. I made many trips to NYU including a special trip to drop off the creative essay. Last Friday, Stern sent me a mail that my Creative Essay, the infamous Essay 3 of Stern is not to be found!

I am shaken by the inefficiency. While I hope that they will eventually locate my Essay 3 some where and I will be considered for R1, I fail to understand how such a cursory check will not be done for so long on an application that was submitted before Dec 1st, that is before the actual R1 deadline.

Stern applicants know that NYU essays are 'different'. Not only because of the Essay 3, but even the way Essay 2 is structured. An essay dedicated to know what all you have done to reserach the program!!, Come on!, that is not a reasonable use of 500 words in an MBA application.

If my Essay 3 fails to be found, it will be a blow. Rigors of my personal life will not let me work on another Essay 3. We are expecting a baby anytime now, and so naturally my life from now on is going to be much different. This was the primary reason why I finished all my applications by new year. So I will have to use a backup essay that I wrote in place of Essay 3. That is if Stern is ready accept it for Essay 3. I am waiting to hear back from Stern on my email detailing how and when i dropped off Essay 3 at its office, and physical descriptions to locate the same.

In the meantime, I will watch Ebay and Canal St. to see whether my Essay 3 mysteriously turns up for sale. At least I will know the sreet value of Essay 3.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean to say yuo didn't even have a copy of your own essay ?

mirla said...

Very unfortunate that Stern misplaced your Essay3.

Our wishes are with you.

JatWarrior said...

Wow! I understand your pain - this is indeed very frustrating. Hopefully, they can use the description your provided to locate it. And yes, keep a watch on ebay :)

Anonymous,
Stern essay 3 that Azhakiya submitted was not in written form; Stern lets you submit anything that you can express yourself with.

kpmg said...

What did you submit if not a written essay? I'm just curious :P

I would have submitted a McDonald's wrapper and a Coke can

Ravanan said...

wannabe: If a 'can' is what that best describes yourself creatively, that is exactly what you should submit to NYU:-)

The Question for the Essay is this, The answer is for the applicant to come up with.

Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations). Feel free to be creative. (If you submit a written essay, it should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)

ipoel said...

I'm sorry to hearthis.. I, too, applied to Stern and I can imagine your frustation especially on Essay 3!!