Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Columbia Submitted

I submitted the Columbia regular decision application a few minutes back. Compared to the other two applications this was a bit easier to do. The reason is that most of the subjects discussed in the essay are from the beaten track. Now there are only long waits to complete. My interview at Wharton, thorough research on Stern and Columbia and three mock interviews I took so far have adequately prepared me for the interviews from Stern and Columbia. So practically my 2007 application work is over.

Personal and professional life are going to be hectic in 2007. The uncertainties of the admission process are also there. In addition in the last few weeks, partners from my entrepreneurial past are brewing up an interesting concoction of a promising business idea. I am excited about the thought of getting back into the fire in the belly days of scouting for investments, setting up the office, hiring people and most importantly creating something new. Things will be clearing up as the days progress.

This post will mostly be my last for the year. 2006 has been a wonderful year. I rediscovered many of the paths I traveled in my past. I made a bunch of new friends through the application process. Family life was wonderful. Was blessed with a nephew. Most importantly got a chance to reflect on my life so far and clearly define where I want to go and how I want to reach there. A journey that started as a career move to put a rubber stamp validation on my resume took many new dimensions of self discovery. So I want to thank the admissions process of these eminent business schools for forcing thousands of applicants to critically analyze their lives each year. Grueling as it is I can see the value.

Wish each of you a wonderful 2007, Chase your dreams, they will come true!

2 comments:

DreamingLady said...

Read your post from last year, I found we have a similar MBA application time line. After one year preparation, here comes the time to decide our future. Good luck on your application! I enjoy reading your post.

asiangal said...

New years are always about new beginnings ... best of luck with Columbia! I hope to submit my application by the 10th! =)