Friday, February 02, 2007

Greater joys and the tollerable uncertainities

The greatest joy is that I became a father two weeks backs and that my wife and our son are both doing very well. The uncertainties, which does not even look worth mentionable now are that neither Columbia nor Stern cared to call me for an interview yet.

There are many reasons why I should be genuinely worried. People who submitted around the time I submitted have received their invites or decisions by now. As far as Stern is concerned there are only a few days more till the final bell - Feb 15th. For Columbia, since I submitted way before the Jan 10th deadline it is certain that the first reader of my app did not feel that I should be called for an interview. From what I heard there are couple of reads more, and if any one of those readers feels like he or she wants me to come to uptown I should get an interview call. I do not think my application is so good that Columbia is going to include me in the 20% admitted w/o an interview!

On the brighter side of things, a friend got admitted to Michigan! - Way to go girl!

No comments: