Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A productive 24 Hrs

From 1 to 5 in 24 Hrs. I completed all my Columbia essays. From my experience I would say they are 85% done. A couple of them are precariously touching the outer limits of acceptable word count bulge of 10%. Once I cut some flab my Columbia Essays will be ready to upload.

On the downside it means I will have more time at hand to brood over what Wharton has in store for me. I was hoping that Columbia apps will keep me occupied till the D-Day. That was not to be.

Shedding all modesty, I feel I have a strong chance to make it to Wharton. While I am on the wiser side of the average student body, my experience and goals should add a unique color to Wharton 2009. Did I sell myself correctly?, that is the million dollar question. I can only hope that the adcom sees things as clearly as I would want it to see.

I also did some serious thinking on what I would REALLY do if none of my admissions come through. I will come back to India earlier than I planned, and will enroll in the 2009 1 yr MBA programs either at ISB or IIMA. Such an education coupled with my experience should help me reach my goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Essays in 24 hours? Will you be going back to them? I've found that waiting a few days before I edit away gives me a lot of clarity (I wrote that? egad ... OR ... I wrote that? that's pretty good).

Wharton is my first choice as well. Best of luck to us all! Having a back-up plan if B-school doesn't pan out this year is also always a good idea. =)