Wednesday, April 26, 2006

After the long pause

Long pauses are annoying. Sometimes you do not know the reasons for the pause. Sometimes, even more painful than the former, you do. I had a pause in my GMAT preparations. Now if you are one of the few who have been following my MBA prep, you are bound to be confused. Did this dude, just finish his GMAT, like a month back?. Yes, I sure did. However it fell short of my expectations so as per my plan, I decided to give it another go. So the pause I was chewing on was simple procrastination. Yesterday I broke it and got back on to the tread mill.

Starting off second time is confusing. You kind of have finished one full circle. What is the point in running the same track again?. I think this time around I may get to enjoy the track better. My shoes are run in too.

The areas to concentrate on are well defined. It is Verbal, and no marks for guessing that. 42 is achievable and I must get it this time. The finer areas for improvement are all three SC,RC and CR. The execution should be very careful this time.
  • Do complete 1000SC, By posting comments on to the blog
  • Do a complete workout of old LSAT for CR and RC.
  • Re do OG, OG Verbal, OG Quant.
  • Practice tests on Princeton Review, GMATPrep and Kaplan. (4 Tests in all)
  • Write two more sets of AWA.

timeliness are tight, and I need to get a new coffee maker. My old one broke. Critical for early morning starters.

In the mean time, I have started my application with Columbia and Stern. I created the user profiles and went through the essay questions.

Also I have decided to do 4 courses in a near by Community College to beef up my transcript.

I am feeling very good getting back to writing this blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just came to know of something called JJs at scoretop.com. Any idea of how valuable these are from GMAT prep. perspective?

What is your opinion on these?

Good Luck!

Ravanan said...

I have no Idea what JJs are

Anonymous said...

Oh. I thought you left a note on GMAT Yahoo Groups that scoretop is highly recommended. And, thus thought I will get your opinion.